Position: Advancement Director
This is a full-time position with benefits. On site work required in our office in Hillsborough, NC, occasional remote work and travel.
The Advancement Director is a senior manager who will design and implement an Advancement Plan for the organization’s long-term growth. Will be responsible for securing funding for both project-specific program initiatives and general operating support.
- Create and implement fundraising plans for Major Gift Donors
- Write donor proposals for specific asks
- Schedule donor meetings and travel for executive staff
- Meet with donors to ask for support
- Identify prospective funding from grantors including but not limited to foundations, government agencies and corporations
- Manage and write grants, while assisting with project development and implementation of all grant funded initiatives
- Manage reporting and updates to grantors
- Create and implement fundraising plans for Annual Fund donors
- Manage and implement all direct mail appeals
- Write annual fund appeals and letters
- Coordinate with printer and mail house to ensure timely mailing
- Coordinate with bookkeeper to process all web and mailed donations/orders, send acknowledgement letters and maintain donor records
- Plan and implement donor recognition and stewardship protocols
- Work together with staff on promotional calendar
- Write content and appeals for weekly e-newsletter, website, and social media
- Create VIP experiences and steward Major Donors through Special Events
- Create programs to engage with public and acquire donors through events
- Conduct surveys at events to support program and fundraising functions
- Supervise order fulfillment
Salary and Benefits
- Annual salary: $75,000 – $80,000 per year, depending on the applicant’s qualifications
- Company-paid (100%) health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- SIMPLE IRA plan with matching company contributions
- A work location near the vibrant Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area in central North Carolina
- Music Maker cannot pay relocation expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seeking a highly motivated individual with exemplary communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills. Ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and has the ability to move between different projects throughout the day.
- At least five years professional work experience in the field of fundraising, nonprofit or arts management.
- You must be comfortable asking people for money and stewarding high net worth individuals and foundation officers
- Must enjoy engaging with the public.
- Exemplary oral communications and writing skills
- Preferred: Demonstrated passion for American roots music and Southern culture
To apply, please email Denise Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org and put your name and “applying for Advancement Director” in the subject line. Please attach your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in and qualified for the position. Please note that we will be accepting applicants throughout the month of September and possibly into October before we begin interviews, so please be patient if it takes us a few weeks to respond to your application.